Monday, July 23, 2007

Friends


Have you ever thought about how rare true friends are? I mean really. How many of you have a friend you can really pour your heart and soul out to without the fear of rejection or scorn or at least a smirk? I can. I met this friend a little over five years ago, just before I was to lose my other true rare friend-Daniel- to a tragic car crash. Aytha and I both tend to be very much our own person, so when I met her I thought to myself, "oh great, another queen bee". Well, ya know it didn't turn out that way. Within two days, it was as if we had known each other forever. For the last 5 years I have lived two hours from her, just recently I moved 580 miles further away to help my family. Within a few days of arriving, there was a card in the mail from her. For about an hour I sat and cried over what she had said. Basically the main thought was something to do with the first three sentences of this blog. Ya know I may be 11 hours away from her and it may be a little harder to stay in contact now- but NOTHING will ever change this rare and valuable friendship. Why? Because we won't let it. We value each other more than just about any other person in the world. And that's something we just don't want to lose. Love you Sissy!!!

3 comments:

kelly said...

Hey Amanda. Cute blog! Love ya.

Aytha said...

Hey sis, enough pics of me--post some more of you--or the nephews!! Love ya...

mrstcd said...

Oh! I'm soo hurt! All this time I thought I was an unforgetable friend!---just kidding. Nice to have found you-now I can keep up with your life. Be good!